Indian government covers 5 lakhs rupees health insurance per year
Key features of Ayushman Bharat scheme:
2. If you are eligible under the health insurance scheme, you get automatic coverage. Eligibility is based on Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) database.
3. In case of hospitalization, you or your family members do not need to pay anything under the scheme provided you go to any government or empanelled private hospital.
4. Ayushman Bharat is unlike other medical insurance schemes where there is a waiting period for pre-existing diseases. All kinds of diseases are covered from day one of the Ayushman Bharat policy. The benefit cover includes both pre and post hospitalization expenses.
5. Having an Aadhaar card is not mandatory to avail of Ayushman Bharat benefit but beneficiaries need to carry a prescribed ID to receive free treatment at the hospital.
Eligibility criteria for Ayushman Bharat scheme:
In rural areas:
1.Families living in only one room with “kuchcha walls and kuchcha roof”
2.Families with no adult members aged between 16 and 59
3.Female-headed family with no adult male member in the 16-59 age group
4.Families having at least one disabled member and no able-bodied adult member
5. ST/SC households
6.Landless households deriving major part of their income from manual casual labour
7.Destitutes and those surviving on alms
8.Manual scavenger families
9.Primitive tribal groups
10.Legally-released bonded labourer
In urban areas:
The government has made a list of these 11 occupational categories of workers who are automatically included in the list:
4.Street vendor/cobbler/ hawker/ other service provider working on streets
5. Construction worker/ plumber/ mason/ labour/ painter/ welder/ security guard/ coolie and other head-load workers
6.Sweeper/ sanitation worker / gardener
7.Home-based worker/ artisan/ handicrafts worker / tailor
8.Transport worker/ driver/ conductor/ helper to drivers and conductors/ cart puller/ rickshaw puller
9. Shop worker/ assistant/ peon in small establishment/ helper/ delivery assistant / attendant/ waiter
10.Electrician/ mechanic/ assembler/ repair worker